George Wythe House
By: Department 56 ®
The George Wythe House on Palace Green belonged to George Wythe, a leader of the patriot movement in Virginia, a delegate to the Continental Congress, and Virginia’s first signer of the Declaration of Independence. The house also served as General George Washington`s headquarters just before the British siege of Yorktown. In 1776, the house accommodated Virginia General Assembly delegate Thomas Jefferson and his family. The two-story brick residence is believed to have been designed in the mid-1750s by George Wythe`s father-in-law, the surveyor, builder, and planter Richard Taliaferro.
|Version A:|| Unsigned - not held for artist signing|
|Version B:|| Signed by artist - ships November 2014|
Pin this item in Pinterest!